Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A new day

I feel like there is a giant hole in my heart and with every breath I take I have to fight back tears. I know that this lost and painful feeling will pass with a little time. I went to bed early last night hoping that I would get some rest. Most of the night was spent tossing and turning. I did not have you here to put your arm around me. This is one thing that will take a while to get use to. 

Today I plan on getting some things done my number one is to get the garage cleaned up so I can park in there before the snow starts to fall. The other is to get all of your things put in a safe place so that moths and dust don't ruin them. I fear this will be the hardest part of my day.

Brooke went straight to her flat daddy this morning and gave him a kiss and talked to him. Then she took him to the living room so that he could watch Blues Clues with her before she left for Pre-school. This is so very precious and did in fact make me cry. She misses her daddy.

I will smile today knowing that even though you are away from me I am in your every thought and you love me and miss me as much as I do you.

xoxoxo, Rachel


1 comment:

  1. While you are putting his things away look for shirts etc that smell like him. Put those in a safe place you can get to them. I have found it a real comfort to sleep at night with a shirt that smells like him and a body pillow I can snuggle up to. I don't know if that will help you sleep better at night but it has made a small difference for me.
    Let me know if you need any help today with putting things in safe places.
    Love you,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete