Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I'll be seeing you


This will be the first of many posts to come. I am calling this blog Operation Acorn. This is my personal journey during this first deployment that I now face. Why Acorn you might ask? Its the nickname that my wonderful husband has given to me.

Today was one of the hardest days of my life. The last morning I had with him for a year and his final moments were rushed and I didn't even get a kiss goodbye... This is not at all how I expected it to be. I just wanted to hold onto him and never let go. The tears flooded my face and It took everything in me to not completely break down. We had a lot of family support today and I thank you all for being there for us on a day when we really needed you.

We got a flat daddy and little miss watched The Princess and The Frog with him today. It was so sweet she sat right next to him on the couch and kept smiling. I will post a pic later of this flat daddy. Its pure genius I tell ya! 

Over all I would say that I'm holding up pretty well. If I could shut my brain off that would be amazing! Little random crying sessions keep happening and I imagine that will be, for a while yet. I know that life will fall into a routine and this year will fly by. Stay busy, stay healthy and laugh often! Oh and watch The Vampire Diaries every Thursday night online that helps too!

Goodnight everyone and I'll report and post pictures soon

xoxoxo, Rachel 




1 comment:

  1. Feel free to cry. It is good for you and is something you need right now. I am so sorry you didn't get a kiss goodbye. That must have been very hard for you. I know that you will find a routine, but even with routine you miss them a ton! But luckily the little ones are very good at distracting you, and comforting you too. Let me know if you want to come over for a play date or just to have a shoulder to cry on. We can enjoy a little weeping session together. Love you,
    Jenny
    lillypodwrap@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete